October 10, 2011
Text from Chapter 5 – E-Learning
It’s not about the platform
What we have learned is that technology alone is not the answer, but it is a significant part of the answer. Blended delivery, combining on-line and face-to-face teaching offered, continues to offer tremendous potential for management teaching. Among its advantages are:
- Easier and friendly access.
- Flexible and tailored to student needs, with asynchronous sessions.
- Participation in “Learning Communities”, since technologies allow for a wide acces to social networks.
- Continuous feedback and personal assessment through sophisticated applications.
- Keeps the momentum of learning, as opposed to the static and transilient experience of the traditional classroom session.
- Creates new markets and clients, with the potential of reaching the entire world.